We're glad you're here

Looking for information about Christian Science branch churches and Christian Science? We're Second Church, Richmond, Virginia, and we'd love to share with you healings, ideas, remarks, and information supplied by our members. Stop back often, we're a busy site.



Thursday, July 21, 2011

Fall from a Bike

It's been a while since I've been on my ancient (I think it almost qualifies as an antique!) bicycle, but when my daughter challenged me to take it for a spin, I couldn't resist. But I hadn't gone ten feet when my feet slipped off the pedals and I crashed onto the driveway. One of the handlebars hooked me in the rib cage, and I heard an odd noise, followed by extreme pain when I tried to move.

I really didn't have time that day, or in the next week, to be immobile. I immediately rose with the help of my family, and decided I had to know that this event had never occurred in God's kingdom if I was to gain my dominion over the situation. Taking a stand wasn't easy, as the pain seemed, and that is all it could do, "seem," intense. I kept on with my chores, knowing I was a spiritual idea, but the pain wasn't getting better. I asked, at one point when I needed immediate help, for my husband's metaphysical support. I knew he'd been working all along, and he said to me "a spiritual idea can have no impact with a material object." The proverbial light bulb went off. I'd been knowing I was God's spiritual child, but I'd never specifically denied the impact issue.

I continued with this truth for the next week or so, every time it seemed I couldn't sleep comfortably or do something that needed doing. About ten days later, I felt truly free as I lifted some heavy boxes and slept on the seemingly affected side without pain. To say I was grateful for this evidence of God's care is an understatement. I was also grateful for my husband's metaphysical clarity about the situation, and how my need was quickly and completely met.  

No comments: