We're glad you're here

Looking for information about Christian Science branch churches and Christian Science? We're Second Church, Richmond, Virginia, and we'd love to share with you healings, ideas, remarks, and information supplied by our members. Stop back often, we're a busy site.



Friday, July 15, 2011

Thought Awakened

Forty five years ago, my youngest brother was diagnosed with Down’s Syndrome. Labeled for life with restrictions attached! I, too, seemed to have been mesmerized by this mortal belief throughout the years. Occasionally, I would specifically work to see him as God’s spiritual idea forever being unfolded. However, a passage from this week’s lesson, entitled Life, found in the Christian Science Quarterly, has brought unexpected clarity to my thinking. I’d like to share this passage with you. It can be found on page 243, line 32 of Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy.

“Inasmuch as God is good and the fount of all being, He does not produce moral or physical deformity; therefore such deformity is not real, but is illusion, the mirage of error. Divine Science reveals these grand facts. On their basis Jesus demonstrated Life, never fearing nor obeying error in any form.”


Although I have read this passage before, I have now been re-awakened to stand porter and guard my thoughts against erroneous thinking!

No comments: