We're glad you're here

Looking for information about Christian Science branch churches and Christian Science? We're Second Church, Richmond, Virginia, and we'd love to share with you healings, ideas, remarks, and information supplied by our members. Stop back often, we're a busy site.



Saturday, February 26, 2011

Crystal Clear Direction to Find Job

I spent several years feeling trapped in my job.  The word was underemployed and nowhere to go.  My attempts to find a new position seemed fruitless.  I decided it would be more fruitful to shift my thinking from a worldly, limited view of employment to a more spiritual outlook.

So, I strove to make the most of the work I had.  Also I prayed to God and listened for His guidance.  Although the small company for which I worked did not appear to have opportunities for growth, opportunities did appear.  I learned new skills.  Then there was a moment when I was praying about this issue and a clear message came to thought.  The message was: "this is the time for you to make a move.  Put everything into it."  It struck me how clear the message was and how close I felt to God.  Also, I felt such a certainty that it would all work out.  I was able to let go.   The "putting everything into it" meant to me putting my complete trust in God.

Within two days, a very unexpected opportunity surfaced in a new field.  I was not looking for it.  I felt like it was looking for me.  I have worked at this firm for over three years and am blessed every day with opportunities.  I really felt God's love for me in this experience and I know in my heart that everyone is unique, precious to God and filled with holy purpose.  It is this work that fulfills us.

1 comment:

Our Church said...

Thank you for sharing your experience - it was helpful and very inspirational.