As a college graduate student, I find myself these days doubting why I decided to take on three heavy loaded courses. I started out with four, and thank goodness I was wise enough to drop one I know I did not absolutely need. But now I find myself questioning if I should have dropped another.
The other night as I was checking off my "to do" list for class work and all the other stuff I needed to get done I was panicking. How the ***BLEEP*** was I going to get everything done. Deadlines are creeping up fast, and I seem to be working just fast enough to stay afloat. That was when I knew I needed to turn my thoughts to God. Before, I have turned to him knowing that with God, all things are possible. There is one Mind, the mind of God, and I share that Mind. I knew I could do the work, but could I get it done in time? There is was again, Time. Tick tock. Days are running into each other.
That night, as I climbed into bed, I opened up Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy to the Glossary pages and read the definition of Time. This is what it say:
"TIME. Mortal measurements; limits, in which are summed up all human acts, thoughts, beliefs, opinions, knowledge; matter; error; that which begins before, and continues after, what is termed death, until the mortal disappears and spiritual perfection appears."
The very first line stood out to me. Mortal Measurements; limits, in which are summed up all human acts... Well I very much knew that in God's kingdom there are no limits. Would God, creator of all good, set up limits to define our human actions? I don't think so.
The next morning I woke up, read this statement again, and worked with it all day. I spent the whole day in the library doing assignments for this week, and while I didn't get everything done, I left knowing that I had made progress. At home I picked up an old Sentinel that I hadn't gotten to yet titled Faith: As a Grain of Mustard Seed. After reading a few articles, I felt that my faith in God to trust in him to get all my work done, had been fully restored. I went to work on some assignments in order to get ahead in a class, and wouldn’t you know it, time seemed to stand still for me? I got so much done in a half hour than I had in two hours. And this included sending important emails, and writing this.
Time might not stop for us, but we can know there are no limits when it comes to what we can do. Time does not need to be measured.
2 comments:
Thanks so much, what a great reminder. I also like to remember that history, the past, has no part, influence on today!
What a beautiful testimony! It's always refreshing to remember that we always have for time for God just as He always has time for us. And I loved how your fear in failing or not finishing was immediately silenced when you let God guide...in turn guiding you to that definition of time in S&H.
Post a Comment