This week’s Bible Lesson, the sermon shared globally in every Christian Science church, is “Christ Jesus.” There isn’t a better story to tell! Hymn 414 contains these lines:
I love to tell the story
Of unseen things above
Of Jesus and his glory
Of Jesus and his love…
I love to tell the story
T’is pleasant to repeat
What seems each time I tell it,
More wonderfully sweet…
We all can relate, I’m sure.
John begins his introduction of the life of Christ Jesus with capsulizing all creation. “In the beginning as the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” He continues, “All things were made by him; and without him was not anything made that was made.” (John 1:3) This fundamental truth was the foundation of Jesus’ preaching and healing. The recognition of this truth brought healing to every form of disease, every type of sinful behavior, even death.
Combine this statement in Genesis, “And God saw all that he had made, and behold it was very good.” (Gen. 1:31) and the seal has been set on all that is real.
Creation was finished. God declared it good. There is no other creator. Jesus understood and proved this completely. He told the people, “Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free.” (John 8: 22) This has always inspired me.
Beginning with God and seeing only his reality destroys every temptation to believe that there is something competing with God. Whenever presented with a situation or condition that would suggest something other than God, good, is in control, I turn again to these truths and recognize that I can experience only what God has created. Jesus showed me the way.
It’s no wonder I love to tell the story.
No comments:
Post a Comment