My husband and I were sitting in our family room, one evening 2 years ago, when he dropped off to sleep as we were watching TV. Suddenly, he seemed to wake up and announced that he couldn't see, and his eyes seemed to lose their luster, becoming opaque. I was so grateful to be able to calmly tell him that it wasn't true, and that he was having a bad dream. However, he was agitated, and began to try to stand up, but seemed uncoordinated. Even with my help, he could not stand. This happened a few times without success. He then fell back into the chair and I suggested that he take a nap.
I said, aloud, a quote from Science and Health, "God is everywhere and nothing apart from Him is present or has power." He was quiet and slept for a few minutes. I took out the Bible Lesson for that week, which was, "Substance". I knew God was right there with us, that only harmony was present and could not be reversed. Matter makes no conditions for man; God is our Life.
After a few minutes he wakened and his eyes looked normal. He said he thought he had had a stroke. I answered that it was only a bad dream. He wanted to get up and was able to, with my help.
I suggested that we together go over the "punch list" for the small addition to our house that was in the final stages of completion. This was of interest to him and we went over the list, making additions and taking off deletions as we walked around the house. That night he took a shower and slept well. There has been no reoccurrence or bad effect from this experience, and I write it to serve as another instance of God's omnipotence and omnipresence, as well as the practicality of Christian Science.
2 comments:
What a lovely testimony. I appreciate your posting it.
What a beautiful example of God's everpresence and all power. I love that this week's Bible Lesson tells us to "fear not" - that when our thoughts are sure of this, there is nothing to fear.
David, in Psalms, says, "I had fainted unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living." In other words, I am confident that I shall see the goodness of the Lord in this present life. He goes on to say, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."
Post a Comment