We're glad you're here

Looking for information about Christian Science branch churches and Christian Science? We're Second Church, Richmond, Virginia, and we'd love to share with you healings, ideas, remarks, and information supplied by our members. Stop back often, we're a busy site.



Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Burn healed

The other day I was in the kitchen, when I reached into oven to pull out a cast iron skillet that was ready to come out. Even though I knew it would be very hot, I grabbed a small hot pad holder. As soon as I grasped the handle, I saw my bare palm on the metal. Releasing it instantly, I watched as my skin literally bubbled up.

I would like to say my first reaction was spiritually motivated, but it wasn't. After crying "ouch" I knew I had a choice. I could accept the pain screaming at me, or I could know the Truth, that there are no accidents in God's kingdom, and as a spiritual idea, I had no matter to burn. I chose Truth. Taking my stand for my God-given freedom from harm, I continued cooking. I can honestly say that this radical stance brought instant relief from the pain. I didn't look at my hand until late that night, and there were no blisters or marks of any kind.

I'm extremely grateful for this evidence of God's love ands care.

No comments: