At the end of the other day I was having trouble with my right eye. It was bloodshot and sore. I ignored it thinking it was just irritated because it was dry and that it would be ok in the morning.
It wasn't. It was so painful I literally taped it shut because it hurt even to blink. This was no solution.
David knew God is the ultimate source of support. He wrote, "I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth." (Psalms 121)
I thought of the definition of God found in Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy. It starts, "God: the great I AM, the all-knowing, all-seeing. . ."(S+H 587: 5) I reasoned that if I am made in the image and likeness of God, as the Bible says, then my ability to see was God-given and could not be restricted or impeded by a material condition.
Then I thought of a statement from Miscellaneous Writings, also by Mrs. Eddy, that has supported my prayers many times. "No evidence before the material senses can close my eyes to the scientific proof that God, good, is supreme." (Misc. 277: 23) How appropriate. How true.
That was the end of it. The pain vanished. I pulled the tape off and, in perfect comfort, saw clearly.
I'm grateful for understanding that God is always there for us to turn to when we need help.
No comments:
Post a Comment