We're glad you're here

Looking for information about Christian Science branch churches and Christian Science? We're Second Church, Richmond, Virginia, and we'd love to share with you healings, ideas, remarks, and information supplied by our members. Stop back often, we're a busy site.



Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Walk with Love

My knee hurt. Plain and simple, I wasn't having much fun walking the dog or even hobbling about my daily tasks. I complained about it. I came up with reasons for it to hurt, such as a strenuous weekend of hiking up and down. Then I woke up and decided to do what I should have done first.

I prayed to know I am a spiritual idea, not a mortal with an achy knee. As the idea of God, perfect in every way, where was there room for a bum knee? No way. Then the line from the hymn, "I walk with Love along the way, and oh, it is a holy day" came to me. As I snapped the leash on our dog to take her for her walk, I sang the hymn to myself. What a lovely time we had, marching crisply for a long trek around her favorite places. End of the complaining, both from me and the so-called knee. It was a lovely and holy day indeed.

No comments: